donderdag 14 oktober 2010

Assignment 7 + 8

Assignment 7 
4th of October, 2010
06-12190812
Marc Willigenburg
Verzonnenstraat12

City College Manchester
5 Cresent Road
Crumpsall
Manchester M8 5UF

Dear Mister or Madam,

I’m a corporate communications student. I’m studying at the Faculty of Communication and Journalism of the Professional University of Utrecht in the Netherlands. I found a course on the website of the City College Manchester, English as a Foreign language. I thought that was a very interesting idea for me to follow that course.

I study, like I said before, at the Professional University of Utrecht. The study I’m following there is the study corporate communications. Before this study, I did the study Commercial Economy. But that didn’t work for me. I also finish the “HAVO” with an 7,44 as an average grade for English. The reason I want to follow this course because I want to expand my knowledge of the English language. It also would come in handy if speak English fluently because The Netherlands is a country of trades.

I would also like to get some information from you about, what the length of the course is, what the level of the course is, is there an exam or are there more exams and how much people you think will follow this course? I hope hearing from you soon.

With kind regards,



Marc Willigenburg

















Assignment 8

1. What is remarkable about the comments and the bloggers of the Federal Reserve
Bank?

That the comments and bloggers can choose to post anonymous

2. The Federal Reserve Bank opened a blog to create “buzz”. What is meant by this,
in other words, what was the purpose of opening a blog?

That the people are going to check out the intranet more often and regularly. More traffic on the inranet.

3. What was the female recruiting manager’s blog mainly about?

Challenges of being a full time mum and a fulltime manager of people who need her.

4. What was the purpose of her blog?

She was recruiting people to come to the FED.

5. Which words show that the FED does exercise a form of control on the blogs?

Ran the gambit

6. By what kind of people were the very first FED blogs written?

The first blogs were written by the senior management.

7. Have the blogs changed the way that people who work for the FED think about
internal communications ?

The people who work there have more trust in internal communications and internal communications had increased there credibility under the employee’s

8. What is the latest development in the company as far as media are concerned?

There is going to be a video site so that you can see what there is on the TV.

9. Catherine Cummings says that this medium to communicate with staff is better
than an older medium. Which more old-fashioned way of communicating with staff
does she mention?

She’s talking about memo’s

10. What is the next big thing in social media at the FED?

They are going to redesign the two intranet sites and they are going to introduce a consultant on the intranet site.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten